Reading, PA – The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, announced that the 2024 Battle of the Badges game presented by Matos Towing and Recovery will take place on Saturday, March 2 at 1:00 p.m., with the Reading Police and Fire Department facing the Berks County Hockey Team.
Following the Battle of the Badges, the Royals host Adirondack at 7:00 p.m. for Superhero Night! One ticket gains entry into both games. The game is in benefit of the Battle of the Badges Scholarship Fund established to help the children of firefighters and police officers.
"To me this is more than a game," said Reading Police Department K9 Officer Joshua Faust. "It's an event to keep the legacy going for those that lost their lives doing their job. It's important to recognize their sacrifice. It's the first time against the County team. Should be a great event and hopefully they will play us again after they get destroyed by City guys!"
“We are honored to participate in this year’s Battle of the Badges," said Berks County Police Hockey Team player and Lieutenant Sean Fullerton. "It’s an amazing cause. Our friendly rivalry with Reading Police and Fire goes back many years. And we hope they have learned from the lessons of the past. We’re proud to meet them on the ice again but seeing them lose in front of their home crowd will be sad.”
Tickets to the doubleheader are available by calling 610-898-PUCK (7825) or visiting https://bit.ly/BOTBTix24.
- Pink in the Rink / Women in Sports / Healthcare Professionals Appreciation Night - Feb. 3 vs. Adirondack
- 1st intermission breast cancer survivors charity shot and on-ice recognition
- Pink in the Rink specialty jersey
- Slapshot Saturday presented by Albright College
- Giveaway: Pink Beanie
- Autism Acceptance Night - Feb. 4 vs. Adirondack - Presented Prospectus Berco
- Accessible sensory rooms and accommodating in-game aspects featured and open to all fans
- Help raise funds for Prospectus Berco by participating in a pre-game Harmony Walk on the concourse with Slapshot and Royals players (More info TBA)
- Chinese New Year specialty jersey
- Education Day Game - Feb. 6 vs. Wheeling - Presented by Customers Bank
- Bring your class out for an educational themed hockey game!
- Special 10:30 AM start time
- $15 hot dog, soda and ticket deal for students
- Free school bus parking
- To learn more and sign up your class, click here
2023-24 Season Memberships
Reading Royals Season Memberships, six-game plans, ten-game plans, and group tickets are available for the 2023-24 season now by visiting the Royals’ box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
About the Royals
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, are in their 22nd season in the ECHL. They won their first Kelly Cup championship in 2013 and have clinched playoff berths in 12 of the previous 13 seasons. They are five-time division champions and were the 2021-22 Eastern Conference champion. The Berks County Convention Center Authority (BCCCA), founded in 1996, owns the Royals and oversees operations at Santander Arena.