St. John's, NL – The Reading Royals (0-1-0), proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, continue their season-opening series against the Newfoundland Growlers (1-0-0) on Saturday, October 21 at 5:30 p.m. EST at the Mary Brown’s Centre. The Royals and Growlers close out the three-game series at 2:30 p.m. EST on Sunday, October 22.
The Royals play their first home game of the season against the Trois-Rivières Lions at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 28th at Santander Arena. The Royals Opening Night presented by Supportive Concepts For Families features a pregame block party on Penn St. from 3-6 p.m. as well as a post-game firework show outside of the arena on Penn St..
To secure your tickets to the home opener and all 36 home games this season, visit: royals hockey.com/tickets
Royals Right Now:
Reading posts a 0-1-0 record after falling to the Growlers, 7-4, in the season opener at the Mary Brown's Centre in St. John's, Newfoundland on Friday, October 20. Adam Brubacher and Ryan Chyzowski each scored two goals for the Royals. Nolan Maier suffered the loss in with 14 saves on 20 shots faced (0-1-0).
A few Royals captured milestones and achieved distinguished rankings in the league in the season opener:
- Defenseman Mason Millman played his 100th career game as a Royal
- Forward Ryan Chyzowski scored his first goal as a Royal
- Defenseman Adam Brubacher earned his first multi-goal game of his professional career
- Scored his first goal as a Royal
Today's game will be streamed live on the Royals Broadcast Network available on the following platforms:
- Opening Night - Oct. 28 vs. Trois-Rivières - Presented by Supportive Concepts for Families, Inc.
- Halloween Game - Oct. 29 vs. Trois-Rivières
- Join us for Spooky season at Santander Arena!
- Halloween specialty jersey
- Giveaway: 2023-24 schedule magnet
- Outdoors Night - Nov. 11 vs. Norfolk
- Bring your love of the outdoors to the rink!
- Mechanical bull
- Outdoor specialty jersey
- Slapshot Saturday presented by Albright College
- Giveaway: Ice Angels Trading Cards
2023-24 Season Memberships
Reading Royals Season Memberships, six-game plans, ten-game plans, and group tickets are available for the 2023-24 season now by visiting the Royals’ box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
About the Royals
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, are in their 22nd season in the ECHL. They won their first Kelly Cup championship in 2013 and have clinched playoff berths in 12 of the previous 13 seasons. They are five-time division champions and were the 2021-22 Eastern Conference champion. The Berks County Convention Center Authority (BCCCA), founded in 1996, owns the Royals and oversees operations at Santander Arena.