St. John's, NL – The Reading Royals (0-2-0), proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, conclude their season-opening series against the Newfoundland Growlers (2-0-0) at 2:30 p.m. EST on Sunday, October 22.
The Royals play their first home game of the season against the Trois-Rivières Lions at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 28th at Santander Arena. The Royals Opening Night presented by Supportive Concepts For Families features a pregame block party on Penn St. from 3-6 p.m. as well as a post-game firework show outside of the arena on Penn St..
To secure your tickets to the home opener and all 36 home games this season, visit: royals hockey.com/tickets
Royals Right Now:
Reading posts a 0-2-0 record after falling to the Growlers in two-consecutive contests at the Mary Brown's Centre in St. John's, Newfoundland. Reading suffered a season opener loss on Friday, October 20, 7-4, before dropping game two of the three game set, 4-1, on Saturday, October 21. Ryan Chyzowski scored Reading's lone goal in the game two loss. The former Growlers leads the Royals with three goals through the first two games of the season. Nolan Maier has suffered the losses in net. He saved 14 of 20 shots faced in game one and stopped 22 of 25 shots faced in game two.
A few Royals captured milestones and achieved distinguished rankings in the league in the season opener:
- Forward Ryan Chyzowski set his first goal streak as a Royal (2 games)
- Forward Tyson Fawcett skated in his 300th game of his professional career
Today's game will be streamed live on the Royals Broadcast Network available on the following platforms:
- Opening Night - Oct. 28 vs. Trois-Rivières - Presented by Supportive Concepts for Families, Inc.
- Halloween Game - Oct. 29 vs. Trois-Rivières
- Join us for Spooky season at Santander Arena!
- Halloween specialty jersey
- Giveaway: 2023-24 schedule magnet
- Outdoors Night - Nov. 11 vs. Norfolk
- Bring your love of the outdoors to the rink!
- Mechanical bull
- Outdoor specialty jersey
- Slapshot Saturday presented by Albright College
- Giveaway: Ice Angels Trading Cards
2023-24 Season Memberships
Reading Royals Season Memberships, six-game plans, ten-game plans, and group tickets are available for the 2023-24 season now by visiting the Royals’ box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
About the Royals
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, are in their 22nd season in the ECHL. They won their first Kelly Cup championship in 2013 and have clinched playoff berths in 12 of the previous 13 seasons. They are five-time division champions and were the 2021-22 Eastern Conference champion. The Berks County Convention Center Authority (BCCCA), founded in 1996, owns the Royals and oversees operations at Santander Arena.