READING, PA - The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, announced Thursday a partnership with Temple University's student run radio station, WHIP Radio. The partnership provides aspiring sports broadcasters and writers attending Temple University's Klein College of Media and Communications the opportunity to gain valuable experience covering a professional hockey team in the sports media industry."The Royals are excited to partner with a talented and eager group of students from Temple University this season," said Royals general manager David Farrar. "We are looking forward to seeing their work while providing valuable experience for aspiring sports broadcasters and writers at the professional level."Students will join Royals' play-by-play broadcaster Erik Jesberger on the Royals Broadcast Network as a color commentator for select home games. Additionally, students will write game recaps, feature stories and sidebar articles to be published on royalshockey.com and WHIPRadiotu.com. Students will be given access to Royals post-game press conferences where they will have the experience of interviewing the Royals' coaching staff and players."We at WHIP Sports are extremely excited to partner with such an outstanding hockey organization," said WHIP Radio Sports Director Owen Boyle. "Our goal is to give Royals' fans the best coverage possible while allowing our student members to gain valuable professional experience. We can't wait to start interacting with the best fanbase in the ECHL."WHIP Radio members will begin attending Royals games as media members under the partnership on Friday, November 18th when the Royals host the Adirondack Thunder at Santander Arena.
- La Noche de Los Reales presented by Anewalk Landscape Contracting - Nov. 18 vs. Adirondack
- Celebrate Latin American culture with Latin dance groups and music at Santander Arena.
- Specialty Latin America themed jerseys available for pre-order.
- 4 for $60 Ticket Deal.
- We Hate the Royals Night - Nov. 20 vs. Adirondack
- We celebrate everything that the haters can't stand about the Reading Royals! Get your dislikes at the ready.
- Players reading mean tweets!
- Take your holiday photo on the ice post-game.
- Join us after the game at our Post-Game Party at the Doubletree across from Santander Arena. All are welcome!
- Pride Night - Dec. 2 vs. Norfolk
- The Royals are celebrating their first ever Pride Night with the help of LGBT. Center of Greater Reading
- Pride Dri-Fit headband giveaway.
Join the Reading Royals for FOUR of our biggest games of the year at home! Four-game plan ticket package includes tickets to the following specialty games:
Affiliation Night - January 28th @7:00 p.m.
Pink in the Rink - February 4th @7:00 p.m.
St. Hattrick's Day - March 18th @7:00 p.m.
Fandemonium - April 15th @7:00 p.m.
In addition to a ticket to each game, you will get a burger and soda per ticket, as well as a Royals hat. Contact the Royals front office for pricing details. Quantities are limited so reserve your seat now!2022-23 Season Memberships
Reading Royals season tickets, flex memberships and group tickets are available for the 2022-23 season by visiting the Royals’ box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
About the Royals
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, are in their 21st season in the ECHL. They won their first Kelly Cup championship in 2013 and have clinched playoff berths in 11 of the previous 12 seasons. They are five-time division champions and were the 2021-22 Eastern Conference champion. The Berks County Convention Center Authority (BCCCA), founded in 1996, owns the Royals and oversees operations at Santander Arena.