Reading, PA – The Reading Royals announced Saturday forward Steven Swavely has been recalled from loan by the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. The Royals host Brampton Saturday at 7:00 p.m. and feature Yannick Tifu retirement night, wrestler Ted DiBiase the “Million Dollar Man” and St. HatTrick’s Day with special jerseys.
The Reading, PA native recorded an assist Wednesday vs. Fort Wayne to boost to 24 points (9g) with the Royals this season. In 19 games with the Phantoms, Swavely has two goals and four points.
Over 50 career AHL games, the Muhlenberg High School graduate has produced five goals and seven points. He made his Phantoms debut in 2016 after completing his senior season at Maine and recorded three goals in 15 games.
Last season, the 26-year-old contributed 39 points in 40 games with the Royals. For his ECHL career, Swavely has recorded 27 goals and 63 points in 72 games.
Here’s what you need to know for Saturday’s game at 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton and tickets are available here.
1) Wrestling legend Ted DiBiase the “Million Dollar Man” will be in attendance to take pictures and sign autographs during the game. There is no charge for pictures or autographs. Fans can meet the Million Dollar Man during the first and second periods. Season ticket holders will have a special meet-and-greet with the Million Dollar Man from 5:45-6:30 p.m. at the game.
2) One lucky fan will go home with $10,000 tonight if a Royals player scores a hat trick. The Royals will wear special green St. Patrick’s Day jerseys on St. HatTrick’s Day.
3) The first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a special-edition Tifu poster, courtesy of Rieck’s Printing and Diamond Credit Union.
4) The Kelly Cup will be at the game with Mr. Pat Kelly! Get your picture taken with the Kelly Cup Fri., Mar. 16 during Happy Hour 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Jimmy G’s Beverley Hills Tavern on Old Fritztown Road. It’s the 5th anniversary of the team winning the Kelly Cup.
5) All fans are invited to stay after the game to partake in a special photo “recreation” of Yannick Tifu receiving the Kelly Cup from Mr. Pat Kelly after Saturday’s game.
2018-19 season tickets now available
Top full-season benefits include: exclusive Reading Hockey Club per seat gift, discounted rate off regular ticket prices, ticket exchange, preseason meet and greet, exclusive season ticket holder events, advanced entry and a chance to win and the Royals Owner’s Suite for a game. Call 610-898-7825 and visit to join the Royals family or renew season tickets for the 2018-19 season. Visit royalshockey.com/tickets/season-tickets to learn more.
Special Olympics Night Fri., Mar. 23 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available here, with $5 going back to benefit the Special Olympics of Berks County. Postgame shake, shiver and freeze with the Royals to raise money for the Special Olympics and a Royals trading card set giveaway to the first 2,500 fans (Rieck’s Printing).
Autism Awareness Night Sat., Mar. 24 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available here. $5 from every ticket goes back to the Autism Society of Berks County and Unending Promise! This is one of the best nights of the season for a wonderful cause. No goal horn and the Royals wear special autism awareness jerseys. Plus, a one-time-only giveaway: a puck with Head Coach Kirk MacDonald and Assistant Coach Pat Wellar.
Royals Awards Banquet at Santander Arena Mar. 26
Register here. Get a pregame pep talk from Royals Head Coach Kirk MacDonald, behind-the-scenes tour of the Royals locker room and buffet meal at Santander Arena Mon., Mar. 26 from 6-8 p.m. for the Royals Awards Banquet. We will hand out the best awards from the 2017-18 season.
About the Royals
The Royals have been owned by serial entrepreneur Jack Gulati since 2014 and are in their 17th ECHL season. Proudly affiliated with the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers and AHL’s Lehigh Valley Phantoms, Reading plays in the Santander Arena, located in downtown Reading, PA at 700 Penn Street. The Royals won the Kelly Cup in 2013, have made the playoffs in eight straight seasons and are four-time division champions.
Reading Royals Mobile App
Head to the App Store and Google Play to download the new Reading Royals app on your smartphone! Stay up-to-date with team news, receive notifications and purchase tickets for your next experience at Santander Arena.
All Royals game can be heard on Rumba 1340 AM and the iHeartRadio app by searching “Rumba 1340”. The pregame show starts 15 minutes before puck drop. Watch Royals games on ECHL.tv. Reading away games are shown locally on BCTV.