Netminder has played in seven career NHL games with Philadelphia
Reading, PA – The Philadelphia Flyers loaned goaltender Anthony Stolarz to the Reading Royals from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms Tuesday. The Royals are at home Wednesday to face the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:00 p.m. with a postgame player autograph session, presented by Rieck’s Printing.
A second-round selection of the Flyers (45th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Stolarz has played in seven career NHL games with Philadelphia and 107 AHL contests with Lehigh Valley.
Last season, Stolarz split time between Philadelphia (7 GP, 2-1-1 record, 2.07 GAA, .928 sv%) and Lehigh Valley. In 29 games with the Phantoms, the 24-year-old racked up an 18-9-0 mark, 2.92 goals against average and .911 save percentage. For his AHL career, the fourth-year professional is 48-40-11-3 with a 2.87 goals against average and .911 save percentage.
He accumulated single-season bests in wins (21-18-7-0), goals against average (2.60) and save percentage (.916) over 47 contests with Lehigh Valley in 2015-16.
Prior to his professional career, the Jackson, NJ native was the starting goaltender for the London Knights (OHL) over back-to-back Memorial Cup appearances in 2013 and 2014.
The Royals have six of the next seven games at Santander Arena, where the team boasts the best home record in the North (19-9-0-0). Reading is also home Saturday at 7:00 against Brampton and the contest is slated as one of the season’s biggest promotional games. Here’s what you need to know for the game and tickets are available here.
1) Wrestling legend Ted DiBiase the “Million Dollar Man” will be in attendance to take pictures and sign autographs during the game. There is no charge for pictures or autographs. Fans can meet the Million Dollar Man during the first and second periods. Season ticket holders will have a special meet-and-greet with the Million Dollar Man from 5:45-6:30 p.m. at the game.
2) Up until Thursday, fans can enter for a chance to win $10,000; register to be entered into the contest here or fill out a form in Monday’s Reading Eagle Sports Section and return it to the Royals offices.
3) The first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a special-edition Tifu poster, courtesy of Rieck’s Printing and Diamond Credit Union.
4) The Kelly Cup will be at the game with Mr. Pat Kelly! Get your picture taken with the Kelly Cup Fri., Mar. 16 during Happy Hour 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Jimmy G’s Beverley Hills Tavern on Old Fritztown Road. It’s the 5th anniversary of the team winning the Kelly Cup.
5) All fans are invited to stay after the game to partake in a special photo “recreation” of Yannick Tifu receiving the Kelly Cup from Mr. Pat Kelly after Saturday’s game.
Special Olympics Night Fri., Mar. 23 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available here, with $5 going back to benefit the Special Olympics of Berks County. Postgame shake, shiver and freeze with the Royals to raise money for the Special Olympics and a Royals trading card set giveaway to the first 2,500 fans (Rieck’s Printing).
Autism Awareness Night Sat., Mar. 24 vs. WOR at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available here. $5 from every ticket goes back to the Autism Society of Berks County and Unending Promise! This is one of the best nights of the season for a wonderful cause. No goal horn and the Royals wear special autism awareness jerseys. Plus, a one-time-only giveaway: a puck with Head Coach Kirk MacDonald and Assistant Coach Pat Wellar.
Royals Awards Banquet at Santander Arena Mar. 26
Register here. Get a pregame pep talk from Royals Head Coach Kirk MacDonald, behind-the-scenes tour of the Royals locker room and buffet meal at Santander Arena Mon., Mar. 26 from 6-8 p.m. for the Royals Awards Banquet. We will hand out the best awards from the 2017-18 season.
About the Royals
The Royals have been owned by serial entrepreneur Jack Gulati since 2014 and are in their 17th ECHL season. Proudly affiliated with the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers and AHL’s Lehigh Valley Phantoms, Reading plays in the Santander Arena, located in downtown Reading, PA at 700 Penn Street. The Royals won the Kelly Cup in 2013, have made the playoffs in eight straight seasons and are four-time division champions.
All Royals game can be heard on Rumba 1340 AM and the iHeartRadio app by searching “Rumba 1340”. The pregame show starts 15 minutes before puck drop. Watch Royals games on ECHL.tv. Reading away games are shown locally on BCTV.